- State Non-Profit Corporation Filing
- State and Federal Tax-Exempt Filing
- Meeting and Town Hall Hosting/Facilitating
- Community Benefit Agreements
- Commercial Space Lease Meetings and Negotiations
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Event Participant Registration and Liability Waivers
- Vendor Contracts
- Event Speaker/Presenter Contracts
- Sponsorship Forms and Processes
- Contract and Legal Document Preparation and Review
- Governance and Compliance Business Review
- Fundraiser Events and Processes Legality Research
- Trademarks and Copyrights
- Other Business Services
A nonprofit is formed for educational, religious, scientific, literary, or charitable purposes. To create a 501(c)(3) which is a federal tax exempted nonprofit, you must first file a state nonprofit corporation with your state's Secretary of State. Then you apply for tax-exempt status from both your state and the Federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS). At Rational Unicorn Legal Services we offer both nonprofit formation services and a variety of other legal services to suit your needs.
NARWHAL NOn-PROFIT PACKAGE
1. 2 HOUR BUSINESS LAW CONSULTING MEETING
2. STATE AND FEDERAL NON-PROFIT FORMATION
- State Nonprofit Corporation Application Preparation and Filing. (You will choose initial directors and a business name. In addition to preparing all application materials, we will do a business entity search and a business entity filing with the secretary of state.
- Preparing and filing of your Articles of Incorporation with the Oregon Secretary of State
- Preparing of your corporation's By-Laws (Rules and Procedures not Filed with the State but Completed Prior to Filing the Articles of Incorporation with the Oregon Secretary of State).
- Helping with the planning of your first Board of Directors Meeting. At this meeting you will elect directors if they are not already in your articles of incorporation, approve your by-laws, appoint officers, set a tax-year/accounting period process, approve initial accounting and expenditure plans such as opening up a new bank account.
- Setting up a Corporate Record Binder containing your articles of incorporation, by-laws, and meeting-minutes
- Preparing and filing state and federal tax-exemption applications
- Preparing and filing for your Federal Tax-Exemption Status
3. TWO FEDERAL TRADEMARK FILINGS
- A Standard Mark that is Your Business Name and Your Logo are two separate filings that would be covered by this service
- Applies to marks that fall into one class only. Client pays extra government fees if trademarks fall into multiple classes/categories
4. YOUR CHOICE OF 4 OF THE FOLLOWING
- Employment Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Speaker/Presenter/Entertainment Agreement
- Vendor or Sponsor Agreement
- Venue or Event Space Agreement
- Event Participant Liability Waiver
- Volunteer Waiver
*Additional services not listed that are needed are extra. Additional fees may be required depending on circumstance. If reasonable and agreed upon by both parties, terms of this packaged service may be altered.